Friday, May 11, 2012

I wish I could work on the Concept Proposal module

One of the things I love about this project is that I get to (try to) use OpenMRS in ways that weren't possible a few years back, when I was heavily involved in PIH's implementations.

One of those is getting to use the MVP/CIEL concept dictionary, instead of building one from scratch. Most people (myself definitely included) aren't very good at building medical terminologies, but Andy Kanter and his group are, so it's far better to leverage their excellent work!

The sad part of that is that there are a ton of sub-projects I'd like to do, but don't have time to address right now. For example getting a working version of a Concept Proposal module, so you can start from the MVP/CIEL dictionary, create a form that requires a few new concepts of your own, and then propose those concepts for addition in the master dictionary via a web service.

If you're interested in reading more, I started a conversation about a simpler workflow for Concept Proposals on the OpenMRS developers mailing list...

No comments:

Post a Comment