Less figuratively, I have done a successful end-to-end test of:
- Start a clean copy of OpenMRS 1.9 RC3 Standalone (with MVP/CIEL dictionary and no data)
- Install the Module Distro module.
- Upload distro-v1.zip (including some of the modules we need)
- Upload distro-v2.zip (including more of the modules we need, plus a MDS package)
- Upload distro-v3.zip (just like v2, but with a newer version of the metadata package)
- Verify that the modules are all loaded, and the data has been created
PS- Burke, if you're reading I wish that Logic 1.0 had taken the floss approach more seriously. :-)